Window shopping in Milan

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Before I left Italy in September, I made the quick trip from Alessandria to Milan for a day of (mainly) window shopping. I’d never visited before and as soon as I walked down to the underground I felt right at home. Maybe it was the strangers invading my personal space on the metro or the bustle of being in a place with more than 15 residents after spending the summer in a small village in Piemonte.
Walking around from store to store in Milan, I felt really at home. Some cities are just like that. Maybe because it was reminiscent of home, like a little London, but in one of my favourite countries. Of course we strolled through Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, dreamily eyeing up the Prada window-displays. One day I’ll be back to buy!
What city have you instantly felt at home in?
Love, Chloe xx

12 Comments

1. November 7, 2016 / 8:22 pm

Beautiful photos! Milan is on my bucket list of places to visit. I visited a few places in Italy last year such as Naples, Rome, Livorno and Civittavechia, and the buildings are stunning! 😊

• November 7, 2016 / 8:59 pm

Thank you so much, that’s so sweet. Oh it was beautiful, I need to book up a last minute weekend trip sometime soon to see more of it! That sounds like an amazing trip, everything in Italy is stunning isn’t it?

2. November 7, 2016 / 8:30 pm

Milan looks gorgeous! I love the whole of Italy in general, I’ve only been to Rome (which I loved) but I’d love to explore more Italian cities.
    Paris is definitely somewhere I’ve felt instantly at home, it’s one of my favourite places in the world

• November 7, 2016 / 8:41 pm

It was, I loved spending some time there. I can’t wait to back! You’ll love it, especially for shopping! Oh my goodness, you really should. I lived in Italy for a while so going to try and get a move on and write some more posts about my time there and what I saw, even though it was a while ago!
      You’re so right, Paris is wonderful too. A little similar to Milan with the real cosmopolitan feeling!

3. November 7, 2016 / 8:56 pm

This looks so so gorgeous! I’ve never been to Milan but I remember being in complete awe of Rome when I went! These photos are making me want to hop on a plane right now!

• November 7, 2016 / 9:04 pm

Yes Rome is like stepping into another world isn’t it? It’s a magical place simply down to the history of it. Hopefully you’ll find yourself in Milan soon!

• November 7, 2016 / 9:10 pm

I hope so!! x

4. November 7, 2016 / 9:16 pm

Wow you photos are beautiful, Italy is one place I would love it visit.

• November 7, 2016 / 10:05 pm

Thank you so much! You definitely should!

5. November 7, 2016 / 9:19 pm

These pictures are awesome! I love everything about this post! 💞💞💞